THIS IS AN EARLY RELEASE. There WILL be bugs and crashes. You have been warned.
This is only meant as a temporary solution, until official multiplayer comes out. So I may ignore some minor bugs/discrepancies.
This is 'co-op' mode. Pretty much everything is shared, including your wallet. Your inventory, skills, etc. and house are separate though.
(NOTE: This is outdated.)
- Load your file like normal. A pop-up comes up, asking whether you want to be host, client, or play singleplayer.
- For hosting, you are asked a port number in another popup. The game 'freezes', waiting for clients to connect. Whenever someone else connects you will be told how many other players there are, and asked if you want to start. Pressing no will wait for another player, yes will go ahead and start.
- For being a client, you will be asked an IP and port number. Once connected, the game 'freezes' until the host starts the game.
- If you choose singleplayer, nothing changes aside from being able to open the chat menu.
- Chat is accessed by pressing ENTER.
- Everyone must sleep for the next day to be reached.
Festival functionality is unknown. The only thing I've specifically fixed is the flower festival.
This is a SMAPI mod. I haven't tested many other mods with it. Chest Labels and NPC Map Locations work, but I don't know what else will. It'd probably be best to stick with smaller mods until this is more stable.
Mon, 29 May 2017 16:23:59 -0400
Full ChangelogFixed steam friend connections of more than 1 user.
Probably fixed crashing when connection is lost for clients.
A couple of other things I don't remember.
The source code for this project can be found here.